Hope Crossing Church was founded on April 8, 1956, under the name Westview Baptist Church. Pastor William Haltorn and twenty four charter members set out to make a gospel impact in our community and beyond. In 1958, our first building was built in West Denver on S. Pierce St. After a season of God’s blessing and growth, a new building was built at our current location and was dedicated on September 8, 1969, with 125 members.
During the 1970’s and 80’s, HCC sought to build bridges into the community through supporting Villa Manor Nursing Home, Home Bound Ministries, and Brentwood Refugee Center. HCC also played a role in planting 2 churches. Under the leadership of Pastor Ken Barnett, HCC became known as a place which stood for truth in a time when truth was under attack.
On February 1, 2009, HCC welcomed Matt Ellis as lead pastor. In September, 2009, a new leadership team was established with a refreshed vision to Build Bridges: To God, To People, To Impact the World. (Read about Our Vision today)
At HCC we seek to be known in our community as a place to find hope, peace, and purpose. Our prayer is that God would allow us to continue making a positive impact in 80227 and beyond for many more years.